Saturday, January 7, 2012

What happened to TN?


If you were to ask me when I was 10 what I was going to do after high school, I would have told you I was going to Tennessee (oh and driving a lime green VW bug. the new one, not the vintage one).

If you were to ask me when I was in junior high what my favorite songs were (you know the "i'll sit in my car and wait for you to end before I turn the engine off" songs) I would have told you "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohen (the acoustic piano version) and "Maybe it was Memphis" by Pam Tillis. I guess I wanted to know what a Tennessee lullaby was.

If you were to ask me in high school what schools I was looking at, it was Washington State, Arizona State, the University of Arkansas (randomly enough they have an ok journalism program), Southern Oregon University, California State University in Chico, the University of Oregon (which is where I ended up for my freshman year before transferring to OSU) and the University of Tennessee. Then I was told I didn't need to move across the country. but we all know how that turned out.

If you were to ask me last year what I was going to do when I graduated, I was going to buy a truck, pack it up and straight up move to Franklin (outside Nashville). I even contacted the area director there at one point.

So what happened to TN? Nothing really, but I do think it's interesting how God uses things in our lives to bring us where he wants us in that particular moment. If you look at a map I'm only 2.5 hours away from Memphis. And about 6 from Nashville. 7 from Chattanooga. and like 8 or 9 from Knoxville. It's a very long state. Some have told me before "you're so close, why don't you just keep going?" Others think the only reason why I have a Vols shirt is cause of this guy I met at work. I will have you know that I have had that for quite some time now.

I went to Nashville this summer for the day while I was at Sharp Top and it was one of the best days of my life. I wore my favorite skirt, my favorite boots and went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, StudioB, Wildhorse Saloon, Broadway, and a bunch of other stuff (granted I was there for like 12 hours) but I have never had that much fun by myself! I use to drive back and forth from Conway, AR to Jasper, GA through TN and would always stop in Chattanooga. The river front is really awesome and really pretty. It was a great place for me to relax before finishing my drive.

No I'm not there yet but I think I will be. Someday. Somehow. When or why I couldn't tell you but He buts dreams in you for a reason. He knows what is music to your ears and makes your heart sing and weak at the knees. Some say I need to be an adult now but I say 22 is still growing up. And with growing up comes exploration and adventure.
Well friends, I say I got a lot of adventures to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment