Monday, February 7, 2011

Ain't nothin to it But to DO IT!

Washington Family Ranch - Canyon
Just got back from another great weekend at the Washington Family Ranch! I know shocking right. I laughed when I saw my schedule: Sassy, Espresso, Sports Center, Pamper Pole, Swing, Espresso, Housekeeping. In that order... even had a little Store in there too. Thanks for that Robyn :) haha but really, when do I go out there and not love what I do? I know I have said this before but I'm in it [Younglife] for life ya'll. I know it's just a tool as a ministry in this world working for the kingdom of God but it's a great ministry that God has put on my heart to be a part of. Weather it be at a property, speaking at club or starting a new area in the field I'm here Lord, send me! I know a lot of you I know because of YL, weather we lead together, did an assignment together or met through someone else (I've learned with YL, if you don't know that person, you probably know someone else who does) but I also know that there are some of you who don't really know what or the why behind it. I found this great video shot at Lost Canyon, a YL camp in Arizona that captures the message behind camp really well. This is just one of the reasons why I do what I do. Just so you know this video makes me cry every time, and I mean big tears lol...  Why I do What I do ...

With everything going on with interviews with Sharp Top Cove (another YL camp in Jasper, GA) going back to the Ranch this weekend was hard. Seeing everyone and being  "home" essentially was emotional knowing that there is a good chance that I will go a whole summer without being there. 

Water slides at WFR-Creekside
Camper housing at WFR-Creekside
This hit me hard but I was so convicted at the same time. I almost felt like I'm betraying the Ranch by applying at STC. I mean I know I'm not and everyone I talked to this weekend were really excited for me but still I'm scared out of my mind! A really good friend of mine, who's also like my spiritual father, especially out there looked into my eyes and told me "Good, you need to go. Get out of this bubble. It's a good bubble but God doesn't live in these woods. He lives in the purpose. And weather that's here or at Sharp Top we are all still going to be behind you." I know that distance has nothing to do with friendship. Yeah it makes it easier in some cases but to be completely honest I would say my closest friends right now live everywhere but Corvallis right now. We got to see the progress at Creekside, the Wyldlife [middle school] camp that is scheduled to open this summer and woah man! I am so excited for everyone who gets to be a part of this first summer. June 16th ya'll the very first kid is going to step off that bus and get to experience the best week of their life and hear the best news in the whole world that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

At the beginning of the summer and even last year I was talking to property and so excited to be at Creekside this summer because it was the going to be the very first summer. I had it in my mind that I wanted to be part of a legend! And yeah I am excited for it and everyone who is going to be a part of it and who knows, it could be me, but now I also know that God is going to put me where he wants to put me and I know that it's going to be within the ministry of Younglife but weather it's going to be at the Canyon, Creekside or even Sharp Top Cove, I'm ok with that because ya know what? It's all working toward the same goal. Being there for kids and expanding the kingdom of God. I was listening to an old podcast from my church this morning and our pastor was talking about building the church and what Paul was talking to the people of Corinth about and at the end related it to how full our church has become which is great but if you're a member, or probably should be a member, how are you building? Are you just another body here Sunday morning? You should be help building either here or even somewhere else and he said "I care not about Grace City but about the Kingdom of God. You going somewhere else to actually build is better news for the Kingdom of God."  I feel like that related a lot to what I am debating in my head right now. I love the ranch with everything I have but especially this year, I think it's time to branch out.
YoungLife's Sharp Top Cove, Jasper, GA
I am suppose to hear a final decision from STC sometime this week so I will let you know! Be praying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment