Thursday, February 17, 2011

Megan Jones

I never thought I would see the day that this dinosaur of a computer would come back to life. But 6 hours later and a bunch of words, numbers and combinations later the great people at the OSU computer help desk made it happen!!! It's amazing really, technology and the advancements of the world. And no body seems to be satisfied with it. Think about it, where we are now compared to where we were just a couple of years ago. I could go on and on about this but I think this video sums it up pretty good, and it's good for a laugh too.


Had campaigners last night with the group of high school girls myself, Rach and Kelley are walking with. Man I love these girls, and I am so excited to watch them grow into the wonderful women of God that they are becoming. They really are my little sisters I never got to have and I love watching they succeed and go on to great things. Two of them are planning on doing work crew this summer and I couldn't be more excited for them! Everything they are going to learn, everything they are going to experience and everyone they are going to meet, I know that it's going to be the best month of their life! 
A friend sent me a video yesterday from Chattanooga, TN Younglife and I loved it so much! It talks about the importance we have as younglife leaders and what we do and why we do it. When I think back to where my story started, it started with my younglife leader.

  Megan Jones. 
Thank you Megan for coming into the commons at Kentwood and saying hi to me even when I wanted to be cool at lunch. Thank you Megan for being so excited every time I showed up at club on Monday nights even though you knew I hadn't even gone home from school yet. Thank you Megan for inviting me to campaigners even when I didn't even know what it was and didn't want to go until I had a boy break my heart. Thank you Megan for making "Big Pink Cookies" at campaigners and not giving them to the boys upstairs. Thank you Megan for laughing when I sang every word to "One Week" by the Barenakedladies to earn 50 bucks off camp. Thank you Megan for not hating me when I backed out of going to camp that year. Thank you Megan for letting me ramble on Starbucks dates. Thank you Megan for taking us through Breaking Free. Thank you Megan for not caring when high's & low's took up the entire time at campaigners. Thank you Megan for taking me to camp after my senior year of high school. Thank you Megan for eating breakfast, lunch and dinner around a table with me and my friends. Thank you Megan for sitting next to me in club while Kent McDonald talked about how our story fits into HIStory. Thank you Megan for buying me ice cream at the Sassy and talking to me about evolution and creation and answering every question that I threw at you. Thank you Megan for praying for me that week. Thank you Megan for praying for me. Thank you Megan for being there when I got off the ridge runners. Thank you Megan for having candy at cabin time. Thank you Megan for sitting in the club room with me after Broken Heart while I balled my eyes out. Thank you Megan for having a surprise box of 80's gear for us when we were all mad that you didn't tell us we needed anything! Thank you Megan for inviting me to the new Christian walk and watching me put a stone in the pile and praying with me as I stepped into HIStory. Thank you Megan for cheering for me as I told the whole camp!!! Thank you Megan for calling me when I moved to Eugene. Thank you Megan for still letting me call you MY Younglife Leader. Thank you Megan for still having Starbucks dates with me when I'm in town. Thank you Megan (and Jason) for having the cutest kids ever! Thank you Megan for loving me. Thank you Megan for believing in the ministry of Younglife and setting an example for me and I go on to new things in Corvallis, Georgia and ARKANSAS!! Thank you Megan. I love you.



Chattanooga Younglife and Younglife Leaders

Megan you mean the world to me, 
~JilyBean



No comments:

Post a Comment