Sunday, February 20, 2011

people in our lives [Prov 18:24]

Do you ever think about your life, particularly the people IN your life? Family is one thing, you grew up with them and they will always be there for you (hopefully) and they will always be in your life. I am more talking the people that God has so strategically placed in your life and most of the time, they show up just at the right time. All through out my life I have had people placed in my life that played a certain role in developing who I have become today whether they are still in my life or only stopped by for a short time. Sometimes it's just to have a conversation with you on the street that will get you thinking and other times you've just met your new best friend. With how many times I have moved and done assignments with Younglife in the last couple years I have realized one thing. DISTANCE DOESN'T MATTER. Some of my best friends right now are thousand of miles away or I only get to see once in a while because they live in the middle of nowhere or after high school we just went to a different school but none of that has seemed to matter in keeping a great friendship alive. Let's face it, when God wants someone in your life, they're gonna be there one way or another. I have a friend who lives on the other side of the country, we met about a month or so ago through a mutual friend of ours. I found out the other day that we really should have met about a year and a half ago (of course with YL lol)  but because of decisions I made, we never ended up meeting that year. But apparently that didn't matter, God wants us in each others lives so here we are! With everything that is changing in my life right now I have been very aware of the friendships that I know will last no matter where I am or what I am doing. About 6 months ago I was so afraid to make one of the most life changing decisions of my life because of the friendships I thought I was going to loose if I went through with it. It was at that point that one of the most important people in my life took my sunglasses, so I couldn't hide, looked me in the eye and said "You are loved for who you are and not who you're with." That has stuck with me since. I know that my best friendships are going to last because we've connected on a different level and we love each other for being our selves not because of anything else. That same person constantly tells me in relating to relationships to guys by ingraining in my head that "the man you're with should not want anything from you, but everything for you." What a blessing and so hard to wrap my head around.
These are the people who I know are not only excited for me and my life but I want to know about there's too! I absolutely LOVE the fact that myself and two of my greatest friends all have the same job this summer just at different YL properties. You want to follow their blog just as much as you hope they follow yours. You  get mad when they don't tell you they have a new love interest. You can talk to them for hours on end about absolutely nothing! You're happy flying across the country to spend a weekend doing nothing but cooking and enjoying each others company. These are the friends who you want nothing from and everything for.
I am so excited for what is to come in the next month and this summer at Sharp Top and I am even more excited to be able to not only share it with the greatest people in my life but to make even more lasting friendships of the same caliber.




"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." -Prov 18:24



Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment