Tuesday, February 1, 2011

fluster truck for sure!

My brain is so scattered right now guys it's not even funny. And I hate the fact that I am still trying to not keep what is coming up a secret. I know some people have gotten word of what's going on but on one hand I really just want to tell everyone but I am trying to be so diligent in listening to the Lord, being patient and making sure that this is what He wants me to do and talking to the people involved with this situation and getting a better idea of what the details would be and of course talking to people (like my parents and grandmother) first who I feel like need to know before it becomes public online. So with that said thank you for understanding but I promise, the other hand of this situation is DYING to scream from the rooftops! Mainly because I am excited about it and scared out of my mind at the same time and it's killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I guess that's part of what listening and waiting for the Lords timing does to ya right? Right? someone give me some clarity here!!..... My YoungLife Area Director, the great Chris Herb is helping me and walking with me through this 4-6 week process of meeting with people and spending intentional time is scripture and really listening to the Lord because as he knows and most of you probably know this about me as well that I live for adventure, am always on the move and am more likely to jump the gun on a more than spontaneous decision. For that I am learning and thankful for him.

But here is what I can tell you about some exciting things I have found out lately :)....

1) my entire major (HDFS) is now entirely online! This is great for a couple reasons. I hate going to class, and currently the only class I even really try at and am taking for the most part is my statistics class. Strange I know, but I can do it at my own pace and only have to go to class when I have to take a test. Great! Also, because I am technically still a Washington resident I am paying out of state tuition and it SUUUCKS! however with this, there isn't an instate vs outofstate bill. So because of that and that i'm not paying for the rec center, building fees and such, it's actually cheaper. So no matter where I end up (and I only have about 2 terms left of college) I can finish my degree at Oregon State!  Cool huh?!

2) This morning I had a phone interview for the office position as a summer intern at Sharp Top Cove in Jasper, GA!!!! So good! When we scheduled it, it was suppose to be a 30 minute interview but it ended up lasting for a solid hour and I feel super pumped about it. I haven't heard anything from WFR yet however STC is my first choice. I want to go somewhere new ya know! It would not only be a new state, a new camp but a position I know nothing about because of the way WFR operates. I am so excited about it and I am suppose to hear back by next Friday so if you could be praying for that as well I would be greatly appreciative.

Everything else I am still trying to figure out and am excited to tell everyone but no matter what I am defiantly on the move. My mom and step dad gave me a GPS system for Christmas because I think they know that I am going to end up somewhere weird. My mom said "we have no idea where you are going to end up but at least you'll know how to get there." Love you Madre!

"Once you realize how Jesus changed for you and gave himself for you, you aren't aftraid of giving up your freedom and therefore finding your freedom in Him"

please pray for:
- clarity in how the Lord is calling me to Himself
- finances
- Intern at STC!!
- That I actually listen this time!

Love you all!
-JillyBean

No comments:

Post a Comment