Monday, April 18, 2011

I-5 to I-40

Hey yall,
sorry it's been so long, I don't have the internet at the place that I am staying at right now so I go to starbucks and steal theirs. Honestly there is another, and even better coffee shop that I could be going to but man if I can't get enough of that passion tea lemonade! And something about it feels familiar and at home so for all yall who protest the big name coffee chains... sorry, I'm gonna stay here for a while.
Well let's start with the drive shall we?!
I decided to go the long way across the country and it took me about 3 days of 15 hours of driving each! I honestly don't know how I did it.
I left Corvallis and went an hour south to hang out with some of my friends in Eugene for a day and say goodbye to them as well. Then I really started my journey.... Here are some memorable moments from glorious trip from Interstate 5 to Interstate 40 (also known as the modern day Route 66!!)

- Sunrise coming into California over the mountains, coming around the corner and seeing Mt. Shasta

- For those of you who don't know, I love bridges. Coming into Redding I stopped and saw the famous Sundial Bridge

- California is a really big state to drive in one day.... just saying. 
- Calling Adriana a little past the bay and singing "Forget You" on her voicemail 
- I stopped in Anaheim and woke up to the Happiest Place on Earth!!! It was kinda like torture though... I mean I could see Space Mountain... so close, yet so far away :( 

- Driving over the top of Arizona I was this close to finding Younglife's Lost Canyon at one point but decided to trek on. 
- I found the REAL London Bridge! Lake Havasu City, AZ

- I checked off something on my bucket list when I got to drive on the Historic Route 66 and drive through Kingman, AZ the Heart of Route 66 and the real life Radiator Springs! Depending on how long you've known me you can only imagine how excited I was :) 


- I didn't have time to get feathers before I left but I found a place in Amarillo, TX that did them! I was the first person (besides their staff) to come get them. Leave it to the NW!
- I was in Amarillo by Morning. :) 
- Watching the sunset over both Arizona and Oklahoma. 


- Talking to Andrew Pratt and having him tell me that when I got to OKC I had to take a detour to see the Sooner stadium... sorry Andrew. Maybe next time :)
- I stopped in Chekotah, OK, home to Carrie Underwood to get gas while playing the song "I ain't in Chekotah Anymore" and finding the Sonic and Lake Eufaula that are mentioned in the song. 
and finally....
- WELCOME TO ARKANSAS! 
I made it home!!!






Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment