Monday, April 18, 2011

Sweet Diamond of the South

     Arkansas.
     The Natural State.
     The Diamond of the South.
      My Home.

     I have been in Arkansas for about 2 weeks now and I must say, I absolutely love it! I am surrounded by some awesome people and meeting some great kids and so excited to see what God has in store for College Younglife and just Younglife in general here in Conway! Conway kinda feels like Corvallis is away. It's a college town. I think it might be a little bigger than Corvallis actually. The first two weeks have been awesome. I've met some amazing kids and feel so at home in the younglife community. I also learned that for the last two years I have been backing out of assignments at the Canyon that would have led me to meet two of my really good friends now that both live here. It took the third assignment but either way God really wanted me to get here I guess. It's crazy when He wants someone in your life, no matter what they are going to be there.
    First off the house that I am staying in right now is amazing. The family that owns the house is incredible and so humble. They love the Lord and they love helping people who are on a mission to expand the Kingdom!
Every Sunday we have church, I've been going to this perspectives class with my friend. It's call Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. It's awesome! Afterwards we have our weekly Younglife leader meeting and I must say that if there is one thing that I look forward to every week it's Sunday nights. We go through a bible study together, worship and then talk about club the following night and just hang out really.
    Monday night is club. Right now we have two but they might be thrown together as one soon when the school system realigns itself soon. Club has been awesome. A lot different than club in Corvallis but it's more traditional which, sorry Corvallis, but is what I like. Program, songs, games and just great leaders loving on great kids.

    I really do love Arkansas. I went to Little Rock the other day and Fayetteville this last weekend but I absolutely love this state. I am official as well. I have an Arkansas drivers license and plates! I know this is where I need to be. I am excited to go to Sharptop for the summer as well. I am actually going out early and will be back for a weekend in early May but right now, they need me and I would love to get some experience under my belt before summer hits like a lightning strike! When I get back in the fall it's tower launch sequence engaged!! For College Younglife at UCA that is!!! I went to the All State Leader retreat the other weekend and was able to meet some awesome people who I know will become great dear friends for life and be able to help me with college stuff. It is a little strange telling people that I am an OSU student in the Ark but hey, it's a great conversation starter!


Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment