Saturday, March 31, 2012

Community

     Freak of the Week fact about myself... I really like the sound a keyboard makes when you type on it. I remember in elementary school learning how to type and from then on every time I would walk by a computer I would type something, just to hear the sound it made. It was usually my name or a sentence like "i think the brown cow jumped over the fox and landed on the street." I know... I can be real creative sometimes. But I think that might be what I am doing now. Typing just to hear the sound of the keyboard.
     I just got back from a date night with the girls. We went to the new Buffalo Wild Wings in Conway (aka Buffalo aka BWW aka Bdubs aka The Place) and our original plan was to go see the Hunger Games (although I have already seen it) however the next three shows were all sold out! So we saw Mirror Mirror instead which is surprisingly really funny and pretty cute. We meet up with the guys afterwards at Zaza's.
     The last couple nights have been full of amazing community and fellowship and honestly just what the doctor ordered. I am a part of a new Missional Community through Fellowship Bible Church and our first night was so fun! I love conversations when we are ready to just be messy with everyone and share REAL life. We went from hilarious loud laughter to some of the most serious real talks I've had in a while. The last couple nights consisted of Family Dinner and a date to dinner and a movie with the Kaitlin and Bethany and then meeting up with the guys. Food. Friends. Fellowship. awesome.
     Community is so much more important than we think. We are meant to live life together and share life together. In Genesis God decided that it wasn't ok for Adam to be by himself. They went through every animal He had already created but none of them were right. That's when God made Eve. To be his friend, his helper, his lover. So neither one of them ever had to live life on their own. Now it's good to have personal time and refresh and recharge and have quiet time with you and the Lord but we are more tempted and easy to fall if we are our own accountability.
     For a good portion of my life it felt like the world was telling me that I had to do what we called "life" all by myself because no one else cared. Such a lie.
     I've been pretty homesick lately and missing Thursday nights dancing, cooking dinner for the "Bubs", hanging out at Katie, Shan and Adriana's, Sunday adventures with Hannah, Grace City Church, and just the people back home who were my community and know me really really well. And even though I might only be in Conway for a little while getting involved in community here and now is so important to my well being. No matter where you are, even if it's only for a short time, get involved. Get plugged in. Get in a Church where you are and not just waiting to go home for the weekend. Seek friends and community where you are in the here and now. Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment