Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Walking Day

     Due to some interesting circumstances the last couple days I was forced to use my feet as my primary mode of transportation rather than driving. Being from the NW this isn't something that is uncommon to me at all. I use to walk everywhere, all the time. I would take me about 45 minutes to get from one end of Corvallis to the other. I loved walking to and from campus at Oregon State and we lived right by a park where I use to go run. Even in growing up in Washington I walked to school from 7th grade on and it wasn't uncommon for me to walk "downtown" (or at least what they liked to call "downtown Covington" which I have learned has grown quite a bit since I left 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't even have my license til I was almost 18 years old. Regardless, I like walking, I use to do it a lot more, and the other day I got to enjoy it a little.
     It's funny what you see when you are walking that you don't see when you're driving. Or when someone else is driving, or you're riding public transportation (which Conway doesn't have btw). Conway however is a lot bigger than Corvallis, and lacking sidewalks in a lot of places and it took me a lot longer to get from one side of the town to another and I may have had my roommate come pick me up later but I did enjoy it.
     Walking gives me time to think. Time to process what's going on. Time to talk to God and rest in the beauty He made around me. Yesterday made me a little homesick though. It brought back memories of walking around Corvallis to and from campus, going to meet Hannah or walking by my friends houses and stopping in to see what they were up to. I did get to see two of them on Skype which made my whole day, and a voice mail from another brought so much happy to my heart. I do miss them on a daily basis and look forward to seeing all of them again so so soon!! But I am grateful for the community I am surrounded with in Conway. They have and are helping me through a lot and a lot of just being away from home. I say all the time that I don't know how long I'll be here but for now I'm right where I need to be.

Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment