Monday, April 16, 2012

The Spirit Fills in the Blanks

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us 
with groanings too deep for words. 
And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, 
because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God
 And we know that for those who love God 
all things work together for good, 
for those who are called according to his purpose."  
 [Romans 8: 26-28]

     The last part of this section of verses has always been a verse that I carried around with me since even before I really became a believer and follower of Christ. Lately I have been focusing on the first part. 
     Even when we are broken to our core and don't know what to pray for past our last breath, the Spirit takes our prayer and helplessness and fills in the blanks. Most people think the "Christian life" gets easier when you decide to "follow Christ" but if you are REALLY following Him in everything you have you will soon learn that this is not the case... pretty much ever. Things get harder and it is crucial in every thing to lean hard on Him, the Spirit, and the Community he surrounds you with. Trust me when I say I am learning this the hard way right now. I hope this was just a little bit of encouragement and reminder to some of us that I think forget frequently. But always know that if you are truly trying to follow... it will be worked out for your GOOD. 
God wants us to succeed, but we can't always see the right race to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment