Monday, June 4, 2012

3,000 miles and a Wedding later...

... I made it! Once again I am back in the Pacific Northwest. It's a great place to be really. The trees, the mountains, the ocean, the air (existing without humidity), my friends and my family.
You all know this is where I grew up and while yes there is a part of me that already misses the South and my beloved Arkansas, I am so excited to be home, even if just for a little while.

     The drive up was nothing but long although I do love being able to see the country and how it changes from state to state. If you are following me on Instagram you can see pictures of each state I went through, this time being Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. I drove for 2 1/2 days, raced the clock, changed clothes in Ellensburg and drove straight to my cousins wedding rehearsal just in time for the last run through. You see after eight years, my amazing cousin FINALLY married the man she loves. Josh and Katia Tyson are now official... At Last!!! (ironically enough that was the song she picked to walk down the aisle to)
     The wedding was amazing and I was honored enough to be able to stand next to her as one of her bridesmaids. Katia and I are the only girl grandchildren on that side of the family and we are also the two oldest of eight. We are the little girls of the family, even if we aren't so little anymore. Yesterday was a blast! I may have grown up a tomboy and still prefer jeans and boots to a dress and heals but every now and again I love getting dressed up and pampered on. I did my hair in the morning, and went with Kat to go get our make up done at the counters at Nordstroms. Hanging out and taking pictures in the hotel and venue with the rest of the bridal party was so fun. I've always looked up to my older cousin and getting to watch her get married was so fun.
    Through out the night I couldn't help but thinking that even though there is no one in the picture right now, that this time of my life might be coming closer and closer and although they are crazy beyond belief, how lucky we are to have a huge family that loves each other and loves us. Everyone was there to help out and it meant a lot to them to be able to be a part of Katia's day in one way or another.
     I often forget how much I miss being closer to my family. I forget how far away I am. I love the South and right now there is no opportunity that would make me move and I have no idea how long I'll be there but I've always thought that when the days come for me to be planning a wedding and starting a new life, having a family, that I would be no farther away than maybe greater Portland. I was talking to my aunt and uncle about that today and I know that all of them wishes that I move back, even if they won't tell me to my face. I'm not sure what I want yet and in reality it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I am listening and following to where God wants me today. Including Him in my life and letting Him put whatever and whoever in no matter what I might say. If that means the South it means the South. If that means one day I get to move back to the PNW then you can bet I'll be here. But for now I know that this is going to be a great summer back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment