Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beautiful Dreamer

Random Fact: "Beautiful Dreamer" was one of the first songs I learned to play on the piano. Now while my selection is still VERY limited... I can hold my own on that one.. I think


Dreams are weird. Some dreams I wake up scared and in a cold sweat. Others I wake up laughing. Some dreams I love, some I hate, some I can't remember, others I wish I could forget. But then there are dreams that are so real and so relevant that I just can't shake. And sometimes, I don't necessarily want to. Do you ever get that feeling? A dream so real you have to think hard for a second weather it was a dream or yesterday? Or maybe one that you want to be true so much it hurts. Or here's the weird one, dream deja vu. I have had events happen in real life that I remember clear as day... from a dream.

I have learned that you have to be careful with dreams however. They play with your emotions and confuse the heck out of you and half the time scare me to death but I still think there is a part of me that wants so bad to listen to my dreams and a part of me saying I should.

I have heard so many different theories behind dreams but I think that's because we can't fully explain them or understand where they came from. It is said all over the Old Testament that God used dreams to speak to different people in the scriptures. Who says He doesn't still do that? Some say that dreams are a combination of things that happened that day and your mind is continuing to process them. Most of the dreams I have had nothing to do with the day before. Some say dreams have deep underlying meaning however these meanings usually are along the lines of "you were in a field of wildflowers... that means you are going to have soup for dinner." Nonsense really. Others say dreams is your unconscious coming to life and finally getting a chance to talk telling you what it is you really desire deep down. That would make a lot of sense. And that also kind of goes with the theory presented by one of my icons to this day: Walt Disney <3
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartache
Whatever you wish for you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
You're rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish 
Will come true
-Cinderella - Walt Disney- 

I don't really know what to make of the dream I had last night but I will say that I'm not complaining about it.  And I think from what I know, I am going to stick with what I believe. In prayer, faith, and Cinderella :)
Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment