Tuesday, January 25, 2011

YL 4 life

Club planning last night was awesome and so productive. I can't wait for all y'all to come to YL club on Feb 12th!! and guess who is talking? you're truly! I was so glad to be a part of last night (not to mention the cookies that Pecor brought were too good!) but just the reaffirming that this is what I love to do, this is my ministry. I have pages among pages of scripts and skits and program characters that would be great for club. I steal everything I can, games, shirt ideas, everything from other areas just dying to try them in Corvallis! I originally wanted to take my campaigner girls to Malibu discipleship weekend in May but there is a good chance that I might not be here to do so. So I want to take them camping instead! Somewhere not too remote but just on a little trip with nothing but each other and God. Rach will be the one taking them to camp, and I really want Kylee and Kaity to do work crew. Kaity I am hoping that she might be able to do Windy Gap. I am not sure how that process will look though. 

I have realized though that as fired up as I get about walking with high schoolers and being a tool that God is using in their life, and making them laugh, a new desire of mine has been with developing college aged kids and new leaders. Just because you're in college now doesn't mean that you're automatically an adult. Younglife is a big commitment and I have seen so many leaders get thrown into a campaigner group within  two weeks of showing interest in the ministry and they get burnt out. I want to be there to help them, walk with them, let them shadow another leader and see if these kids and this ministry is really what you're up for and where God's calling you. 

But no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I know that I'll always be in Younglife 4 Life

No comments:

Post a Comment