Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blessings from a friend

First I want to say thank you to all who have been praying for me in this process of taking the internship at Sharptop Cove and the road to Conway, AR. Thank you for your prayers and responses letting me know that you are all praying for me and the constant reminder that God is bigger than all of this. There was one letter today that I got that rocked my world. I am so glad that I have gotten to know this friend over the past couple years and while I don't see him all that much anymore, when I do, it's always a great reunion. But I wanted to share what he did with me because I know God is behind everything.


"The first is Psalms 46, written by King Hezekiah in relation to his unwinnable battle against the Assyrians. God hands the Assyrians over to Hezekiah, but only after he truly understands what it means to "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) 


"Be Still" literally means "Take your hands off" "step away." Knowing that you are naturally a go getter Jill, and are a "hands on" kind of person when it comes to problem solving, it is difficult to fully understand this idea. A lot of people like to say they are relinquishing control to God as they continue to control certain details in the same moment. You know that God cannot be defeated Jill, sometimes you need only relinquish full control.


Second verse 

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will Fight for you, you need only be still."


In this verse, the Jewish people have been marched out of Egypts to the desert by Moses, and the Egyptians are closing in between them and the Red Sea. Immediately the Jews complain, expecting certain death. But Moses calls on God, knowing he has no option, but, to be "still". The next moment, because we know the end of the story, the Red Sea is parted. It's easy for us because we know the complete story, we know that the Red Sea is going to be parted. The question to ask yourself, if you were one of the Jews, and did not know the end to the story. Would you have the faith in the moment of sure death to "be still, and allow the Lord to fight for you?" In this moment, you don't know how the story ends with your mom, or your finances, or whatever else is marching at you...."


It's true, I have no idea what God's gonna do. I could get to the end of this process and he could say "nope, you're staying right where you are, I wanted to know if you were faithful." I just can't know unless I am faithful and give it all to him and ask myself if I was one of Jews and didn't know the end of the story, thought I was dead for sure.... could I still give it ALL up?


Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment