Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hold on, Spin around and Let go!

First of all, I know, I did some major reconstructing of the look of my page and I may say that I'm pretty proud of myself! I like it, I hope you do to and I hope that it's a little easier to read. I honestly could sit here doing design on the computer for hours. It's days like these that I kinda wish that I stayed with my design stuff but can't go back now! and I still have to take a bunch of upper division electives so maybe I'll just base them in new media and web design or something who knows.

THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT MEANINGS BEHIND THIS TITLE <DO YOU SEE IT?>

     Last night we went to the first Western Wednesday at the Top of the Peacock and I must say, it was a success! One of my friends was kinda the brains behind the operation and we had no idea to expect. We usually go to Albany and go dancing at the Albany Eagles Club on Thursday nights and it's a completely different atmosphere. Some people didn't like it because there were so many people, it was darker, more of a night club scene and a lot louder.. but that's why I loved it! There were no breaks in the songs and I ended up knowing a ton more people than I thought. We didn't think anyone was going to show up. And I don't think the peacock did either. We are guessing they are going to have to hire another bartender for Wednesdays cause that poor guy was slammed! But I never left the dance floor! I would go from line dance to line dance and then when a partner song came on, find a new partner. I was dancing for about 3 1/2 hours straight!
     Believe me my knees and feet do hurt today, we'll see if I go to Eagles tonight. 
     When you are dancing with someone, especially swing you have got to hold on! The biggest thing that I am working on right now is leading, or NOT leading. Now I am not trying to say this to brag but because of my skill level compared to some of the people (especially in my CW class), I tend to do what's called "back leading." This is where the girl is still doing the follow moves but leading the guy from her position. It's kind of like back seat driving. I'm not leading in the leads part but I still try and take control. This however gets me in trouble when I start to anticipate the leads move. He tries to lead a move and I will unconsciously take over and end up messing both of us up. This is mainly a problem on the two-step and waltz. I love two-step! But I need to learn to just Hold on, get Spun around and Let go of trying to control the dance.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead sometimes you follow
Don't worry 'bout what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go 
{JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY}

     If you haven't gotten the metaphor yet here it is. This stance of holding on and letting go is what I am also learning in my walk with the Lord and laying the process and decision of moving to Conway before Him and really letting God take over and trust that He is going to provide. If you're not walking with God right now this is all going to sound like foolishness and utter nonsense. But this is real to me and this is what has gotten me this far in life and I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
     You have GOT to Hold on tight to the Word of God, His love and grace, and what the Holy Spirit is ever so gently telling you, and be ready to get Spun around like a whorl wind because God leads us in the craziest directions based on what He is trying to teach us and how we are choosing to learn. I can't tell you the number of times God is flipped a 180 in my life. But above that we have to Let go of control over our own lives. My devotional yesterday said just that:


WAITING ON ME MEANS DIRECTING YOUR ATTENTION TO ME IN HOPEFUL ANTICIPATION OF WHAT I WILL DO  .....   IT ENTAILS TRUSTING ME WITH EVERY ASPECT AND FIBER OF YOUR BEING, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT YOURSELF  .....  YIELD TO HIS GENTLE TOUCH; BE SENSITIVE TO HIS PROMPTING  .....  EXERT YOUR WILL TO TRUST ME IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES  .....   DON'T LET YOUR NEED TO UNDERSTAND DISTRACT YOU.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understand, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
{Philippians 4:6-7}





Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment