Friday, March 4, 2011

Reality Sinking In

     p.s. (OK I know this is the beginning of the message but oh well..) if anyone is wondering and if anyone cares I did deactivate my Facebook. This is temporary, well right now it is. I was annoying myself for how much time I was spending stalking my friends rather than just asking them about their lives! So right now it's just this lovely blog of mine! I am planning on bringing it back when I move but I will let you know. Even then I am going to limit myself by how much I am on it. 

     Well guys, I found someone to take my room for spring term..... it's real now, I have to go somewhere! It's my roommates little sister and I love her very much! I think she's pretty cool but you can see for your self Hi Michayla! But with all that I am realizing that I can't really take a lot of stuff with me when I leave. I have a mini fridge, my full size bed, numerousness book shelves, the dining room table is mine.... random stuff that I am going to need to sell and start over. I am kinda of getting excited though about being able to decorate my apartment with whoever I end up living with after my internship at Younglife's Sharptop Cove!!!

    There are so many cool ideas that I have right now for what my place in Conway is going to look like. Especially my kitchen. {I LOVE BEING IN THE KITCHEN!} Me and my current roommate Hannah were talking about kitchens and stuff when the plan was to live together in Portlandia next year. One of the things that we really wanted was a coffee cup wall hanger, which we got :), and a wine rack. I was able to find some sweet ones on Become.com. There's tons of stuff and kitchen toys like slicers, free standing pantry's, loads of gadgets and stuff outside the kitchen too. I think I "stumbled upon" it (again another death to my life and academic career) but knowing I am going to have to start over and get to (kinda not really) build a kitchen that I love... it's entertaining. Right now I am just using it mainly for ideas and such. Ya know get the creative juices flowing.
      But I need to be careful not to get ahead of myself until everything is certain and I am in my car (which I still don't have) driving across the country. Remember a lot of this move to start College Younglife is a huge leap of faith and I am learning to give it God one day at a time. Not let the little things break me. Tons of prayer and tons of listening to what the Lord is telling me. Right now it's scary because so many doors have opened and that's where I am feeling pushed but there are things like money and a car that I still don't have. I know He is faithful though and I know He will provide just as He let the Jews escape through parted waters. I know I need to be trusting and just wait in expectation. {psalm 5:3} Hold on, Spin around and Let go remember?!

     Needless to say I am extremely excited however! There are business details that I need to work out but I do know that it will. Because God is bigger than that, He is bigger than all of that. He's going to direct me in His will in His time. There are multiple people who think I am absolutely crazy but you know what, I am sorry but those people aren't me, they don't have the same peace I do and they are not the King that I am serving.
     I mapped out where I would be going. Anyone know somewhere I can crash between Santa Rosa, CA and Austin, TX?? haha I know someone in Arizona, maybe I should call him... I should probably call my Uncle in Austin too huh? He's awesome though, I miss him a ton! He's my uncle and Godfather on my mom's side. A couple years ago he gave me a C.S. Lewis year devotional book, LOVE IT! In my phone he is just "Texas."






Who cares if you disagree?
You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
You dare tell me who to be?
Who died and made you king of anything?
~ Sara Bareilles





{1 Corinthians 1:18} "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. "



Til the next new day ♥ ,

No comments:

Post a Comment