Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Tale of Two Weddings

Courtyard Reunion! We were missing some at this point but yep... at one time, we all lived together
 
      So I know I have been slacking but here is what I really went home for. Two of my greatest friends from college got married and I was honored to be there on their special day!

     The first one was Chris Zauner. He was the house director when I lived in the Courtyard and also my team leader for Crescent Valley Young Life in Corvallis. He has been like the greatest big brother I have ever had and I was so excited to be able to celebrate with him. Now he met Bri online and she is from Iowa so they actually got married there about 2 weeks before the Corvallis Reception but it was so much fun! It was like a big Courtyard reunion and I even got my friend to dance with me! A two step AND a swing! He hated it but that's ok :) If there is anyone I know that deserves to be this happy it's Chris and Bri is awesome! She actually has a little girl who had the cutest blonde hair I have ever seen and for a while all she wanted to do was dance with me. We tried to get Lily, one of my other friends little girl, to dance with us too but I don't think she remembered me. That's ok though I still love her :)
I have never seen Chris this happy.... and rightfully so! It was at the Benton County Fairgrounds and so fun and laid back. I got to see a ton of people that I use to live with at the Courtyard and a bunch of old faces from Grace City. That made me so happy. There is nothing like coming home.

I didn't get a lot of pictures from the wedding (I kinda forgot)... but I got some! Some are from Aubree Swalko
Rach, Aubree, Myself and Rene at the Zauner wedding

The girls and Steven at the Zauner wedding
Tallman, Butta and Bean

Bri and Z!

     The second one I had the privilege of standing next to one of my best friends as she devoted her life to her sweetheart! They are so in love it's disgusting but I love it! That was one of the best weekends ever. So many friends and we had a lot of time as a bridal party to just hang out with each other. The cool thing was too that the whole bridal party (well most) has been friends for a while now so again it was like another giant reunion that lasted all weekend in the beautiful Hood River, Oregon. Again I got to see one of the mountains that I miss so much. Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. Watching Hannah and Peter get married was so much fun and I am so happy for them. Hannah (or Banana as I call her) and I were roommates last year and spent a LOT of time together. Weather it was 9th and Circle Sunday After Church Adventures or snuggling together in each others bed as the other cried her eyes out because of a crappy day or a stupid boy, I will forever hold her friendship in my heart. Myself and Jill, another bridesmaid and dear friend, may or may not have cried a little on our way back to Corvallis from the wedding the next day. Jill and Hannah have been friends forever and she is another one who's friendship I love having. They are all so special to me.
The wedding was perfect. Small and homey with the mountain in the background and we had so much fun helping set up and make it perfect for our friends. You could see it in both the groomsmen and the bridesmaids that we were so excited for our friends and would do anything for them especially on this day of theirs. Now she's old and grown up and married and left me forever but I'm ok with that because she is in love and found a man who loves Jesus like nothing else in this world.  :)

These pictures from the Elliott wedding are a sneak peak of what happened and are from our friends and photographers Neil Abrew, Nick Anderson and Josh Miranda

Groomsmen and Peter

Hannah, Peter and Mt Hood


My beautiful friend!

Bridesmaids and Hannah

Rachel, Sarah and Me


Till the next new day

No comments:

Post a Comment